Monday, September 5, 2011

DIGGIN IT SUNDAYS

Welcome to "Keeping it Real's" new weekly feature - 'Diggin It Sundays" where I discuss all the latest things that get me excited.  And so, with no further ado.....the first installment for your reading and viewing pleasure.
Enjoying the view of apples ripening in the sun from my sewing room window.
And then picking them with my son and daydreaming about boiling them down into pectin.  It never happened but I had fun thinking I would.
 Love scoring super cheap basil in copious amounts for Hemp Seed Miso Pesto.  
 Enthralled with my mini loaf pans.  They have been getting a workout making zucchini bread and banana chocolate chip loaves.  
I've been impressing myself with the huge stockpile of frozen goods I've managed to make this past couple of weeks.  The freezer is chock full of baby food purees, kale, chard, pesto, string beans and rhubarb.
Enjoying the waft of drying raspberry leaves from my hall closet.

Knitting bliss on circular needles using eco undyed wool.  This is the second pair of wool soakers for baby Jude using the same wonderful pattern for Picky Pants.  Jude lives in them.  He often sports drool and food catching bibs as well.  I've been sewing like a mad woman after the kids have gone to bed in order to keep up with his drooly habits.
 Really appreciating all the hand knit socks our kind neighbours keep sending over for the kids.
Both Scott and I are addicted to the HBO show "Entourage".  I keep reserving them at the library and then watching them at night while I knit.  Scott wishes I wouldn't knit while we veg out in front of the tv but it's the only time I get to knit so I do it anyway.

2 comments: