Sunday, March 11, 2018

SPA NIGHT

     I've been working a lot lately. I wanted a night off to relax, have fun, and be with friends. So I organized a SPA Night ~ so my lady friends and I could chill out and just BE. And we did, big time. To be honest I didn't have a lot of time to plan ahead for this, but I pulled it off and it was really nice. Luckily my friend Reagan Jewitt loaned me her collection of Young Living skin care products so we could try them out and have a supreme facial situation. I also mixed up a bunch of potions and lotions for our spa treatments using my ever growing collection of Young Living essential oils. I will share the recipes for those here too, but first let me tell you the sequence of events.
     Ok, so everyone arrived with some yummy potluck snacks and entrees, yoga mats, and towels. I had my laptop set up in my yoga studio and we streamed a YogaGlo class off the internet. I totally could have taught a class, but I honestly didn't want to ~ that would be work, and I just wanted to not think and relax. It was fun! It was like we all went to a yoga class together, but we didn't have to leave the house! Then it was time for the potluck, so we feasted and ate chocolate cupcakes and brownies for dessert. I asked Reagan to bring her Young Living Savvy Mineral Cosmetics stash so she could give a few of us a little makeover using this super deluxe non-toxic mineral makeup. Good thing Nickie came too, because 3 of us wanted to get gorgeous.

We paired up so we could all take turns enjoying each of the  4 spa stations set up around the house:
1) The Meditation Room ~ my good friend Becky Keen has a sweet guided meditation that we listened to when it was our turn to meditate.


2) The Manicure/Pedicure Station: Peppermint Salt Scrub, Foot Balm, and tubs for a good foot soak ~ bliss....


3) The Facial Station: The Complete Young Living ART Skin Care line made it easy and delightful to  cleanse, scrub, mask, tone, and moisturizer our skin. I even made Lavender Eye Make Up Remover Pads and Oatmeal Honey mask too. The highlight of this station though were the steamy hot facecloths (ready and waiting in a crockpot set on low) and the cucumbers for the eyes (of course!)
4) The Massage Table: I have never once regretted buying a massage table. It seriously came in handy last night. Even an amateur massage from a friend works magic on a tired momma, cuz it comes with a loving touch ~
Lots of gratitude for the laughter that filled my home last night......
THE RECIPES

FOOT SCRUB
1 cup epsom salts
1/4 cup almond oil
10 drops Young Living Peppermint essential oil
5 drops Young Living Tea Tree essential oil

OATMEAL HONEY FACE MASK
1/4 cup organic oatmeal
1 Tbsp jojoba oil
20 drops Young Living Lavender essential oil
1/3 cup hot water
1 Tbsp honey

Method: Grind oatmeal finely. Stir in oil, honey, and lavender. Stir hot water in to create desired consistency. Smooth onto face and let sit 10 minutes. Wash off.

ALOE VERA HAND GEL
2 Tbsp veg. glycerin
1/4 tsp almond oil
2 Tbsp Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Jelly
2 Tbsp water
10 drops Young Living Sacred Sandalwood essential oil 
5 drops Young Living Rose essential oil

Combine and place in a pump bottle.

LAVENDER EYE MAKEUP REMOVE PADS
2 Tbsp Young Living V-6 Carrier Oil
1 Tbsp witch hazel (alcohol free)
2 Tbsp water
4 drops Young Living Lavender essential oil

Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake well. Place a stack of round organic cotton pads in the jar and seal.

FOOT BALM
1/4 cup calendula infused olive oil (or plain)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa butter
25 g beeswax
30 drops Young Living Peppermint essential oil
5 drops Young Living Tea Tree essential oil

Warm the vegetable oils and beeswax in a double boiler until wax is melted. Allow to cool slightly and stir in essential oils. Pour into glass container.

MASSAGE OIL FOR HARDWORKING MAMMAS
1 drop Young Living Sandalwood essential oil
3 drops Young Living Neroli essential oil
2 drop Young Living Orange essential oil
2 drops Young Living Frankincense essential oil
2 drops Young Living Bergamot essential oil

Place in 100 ml sweet almond oil.

For more information about Young Living Essential Oils & Products visit www.anastasiaakashakaur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment