Tuesday, April 26, 2016

TAHINI TREAT

     After spending the last two weeks eating this awesome treat everyday (and sometimes two and three times a day) I've decided it is finally time to share the recipe with you. I'm warning you though, it is so good, and apparently very addictive. This should really come as no surprise to me though as I do recall being quite addicted to this yummy halvah I use to buy at the health food store years ago. I used to eat that stuff like it was going out of style too. I must have a thing for tahini. Luckily tahini is quite nutritious - for example it is a very good source of fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese. It's good for your heart, it boosts nutrient absorption, it helps you burn fat, it fights cancer - it's a super food! But most importantly it tastes delicious and perfectly binds the fruit, raisins and hemp seeds together - making it spoonable and crazy yum.


TAHINI TREAT

1 apple, diced
1 banana, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp raisins
3- Tbsp hemp nuts
about 3-4 Tbsp tahini

Method: Combine all ingredients and enjoy with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment