Sunday, September 25, 2011

DIGGIN IT SUNDAYS * 9/25/11

It took me a little bit longer to remember all the things that I am diggin this week, but once I got started I realized how many things there were to be happy about...
Loving that my hair is now long enough to tie back into little knots instead of using hairbands to keep my hair out of my face.  Good thing too because the hair band look really wasn't working for me.  I was all set to get my usual hair cut when I came across this article.  The information presented in the article is very similar to the yogic technology Yogi Bhajan always talked about and so I decided that now is the time to grow my hair again.  I need all the intuition I can get.  I guess teaching Kundalini Yoga again has got me back into the yogic groove because I've started to take cold showers in the morning.  As hard as they are to do, I am really diggin them.
     The hair looks especially lovely with my new knit poncho that I found at the Salvation Army a while back.  It is from a company in New Zealand called Waimate, located in, Waimate of course!.  It is a lovely soft knit made with Possum and Merino fibres and is incredibly cozy and warm.  It is the perfect coverup for the Autumn, and I really enjoyed wearing it to the Farmer's Market yesterday because it was warm and it kept the rain from soaking through.  What more can you ask for $2.99!  Love it.
I was delighted to discover a new source for toilet paper that isn't wrapped in plastic packaging.  I made a trip to the wholesale store just behind the Walmart at the Halifax Shopping Centre the other day and came across a Cascades product that is made from recycled paper and is individually wrapped in paper.  The best part is that they sell for about $.75/roll versus the $2.25 that Planet Organic sells Seventh Generation ones for.  So I stocked up and bought a case.  Love it.
Stocking up on Halloween treats was really easy this year now that Shopper's Drug Mart offers their Nativa Organics brand of sea salted potato chips in small Halloween sized servings.  How exciting is that.  I guess I don't need to tell you that I bought a case.  Now we just have to make sure we don't eat them before the 31st......
I'm also pretty excited about the new boots my mom and dad bought Faegan for Christmas this year.  I know it's a little early for Christmas presents but better to give the gift when he can really get a use out of them instead of waiting until winter is half over.  We just discovered Bogs boots and at first I wasn't so sure if we should 1) spend that much money on boots for kids with fast growing feet 2) buy more made in china crap 3) buy more stuff period that will just end up in a landfill 4) bypass my general pledge to buy used goods.  But after reading this post I decided to go for it.  I think the ultimate reason was because they aren't made from plastic.  Lucky boy.  Oh, and my mom, the wonder shopper even found a pair for me at Winners for $70.  They're on their way to me in the mail as we speak.  Thanks mom!
 
What's this?  More tomatoes?  Oh yes, many more tomatoes have arrived thanks to "my source" at the market.  These were a completely unexpected surprise when I arrived to shop yesterday.  I happily brought them home and set to work making MORE salsa.  This time around I added more chiles because Scott likes it hot.  Hey, that rhymes.

Alright everyone, so that's it for this week's installment of Diggin it Sundays.  I am now going to officially CLOSE the Keeping it Real Book Giveaway contest and sift through the entries and pick a winner!  Woo hoo!  Catch you later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment