Sunday, September 11, 2011

DIGGIN IT SUNDAY

There are so many things I am diggin this Sunday.  I don't even know where to start!  As I write this I am looking out my window and it is a beautiful sunny morning.  I am definitely loving that.  Early, early this morning Jude woke up from a slumber to nurse.  As I groggily tended to my suckling babe I could hear an owl who, who, whooing outside my bedroom window.  In my foggy, sleepy state I remember thinking to myself "I must remember to add that to my diggin it Sunday post."  
One of the best things I decided to do this week was organize and rethink my daily rhythm with the children.  I really needed some help, so I did a little Googling and found Little Acorn Leaning childcare guides.  This is what I have been dreaming about for so long, and to find it all prepackaged for me and ready to go was unbelievable!  For the past year or so, my relationship with my eldest has changed due to the pregnancy and birth of Jude.  He has had to share mommy, and mommy has had to learn how to juggle two children which has been difficult at times.  Having organized activities and a set schedule has really helped us to make the most of our time together when Jude is napping and awake.  
The table and benches Scott built a couple of years ago for Faegan are really coming in handy now.  We set them up in the kitchen and dug up some other goodies from our basement to complete the space.  I always knew that chalkboard and cork board would come in handy one day!  I guess there is something to be said for being a bit of a pack rat.  We keep some basic art supplies handy on the table like pencils, crayons, scissors and glue.  I made a couple of impromptu Waldorf style painting boards out of scraps from Scott's wood shop which seem to be working well so far.  It's all so exciting!
I've become enamored with baskets!  I've discovered that you can never have too many around the house.  I have scored some great ones at thrift stores and I love using them for everything.
Like storing children's toys in the living/play room.
For storing puppet friends
The basket I take with me to the Farmer's Market to hold the precious goods like tomatoes and soft fruit.  They also store my shopping bags.
These are my garden baskets.
My fruit basket that lives on my kitchen counter.
One of many laundry baskets.
Faegan's kid-sized laundry hamper.
Office supplies.
A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to my local Salvation Army thrift store and came home with some really great finds.  Today I am wearing the cutest sweater from that "big score" shopping day and have tried to photograph myself wearing it so you can see what I mean.
It's really hard to photograph the back of a sweater when you are wearing it.  But trust me, the hoodie is cute.
It is probably pretty obvious to state, but I am loving the fall produce available right now in my garden and at the Farmer's Market.  I am very pleased that baby Jude is starting his culinary journey at this perfect time of year.  Lately he has been munching on blueberries, cantaloupe, pears and peaches.  It is so nice to have fresh, raw, local foods to offer him. 
 
The bean plants in the garden are still producing and I really needed a new recipe to delight my taste buds with.  A quick peek into my Everyday Food mag library and I discovered this awesome recipe for Sauteed Green Beans and Red Onion.  A definite keeper....
Just wanted to remind everyone again about the great Keeping it Real Book Give Away going on now until the end of the month.  I recently added some great children's books to the store so be sure to check them out.  Don't forget to tell your friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment