Friday, October 15, 2010

RAW GRANOLA

     My recent attendance at a sprouting workshop has inspired me to include even more raw foods into my diet.  The constant whirring of the dehydrator is proof that I've gotten my raw mojo back!  I love it when I make something raw that I REALLY love to eat.  Today, it's raw granola that's got me so excited.  Do yourself a favour and make this granola......

RAW GRANOLA
(adapted from "I am Grateful" by Teres Engelhart)

1 1/2 cups organic almonds, soaked overnight
1/2 cup organic sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
1/2 cup organic buckwheat, soaked overnight
1/2 cup organic hulled hemp seed
5 organic apples, grated
1/2 cup pureed organic dates
1/2 cup organic coconut flakes
scant 1/2 cup local honey
1 tsp organic pure vanilla
2 tsp organic cinnamon
1/3 tsp sea salt

Method:  Rinse and drain the seeds and grains.  Chop the almonds and add them, along with all the other seeds and grains to a large bowl.  In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "S" blade, puree the dates along with some apple to make it moist.  Now add the apple, dates and remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
     Prepare 2 dehydrator trays with both the grid and Teflex sheets.  Spread out the granola with your hands and dehydrate at 145* for one hour, and then reduce temperature to 115* and dehydrate until dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment