Sunday, September 12, 2010

HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE

Most commercially prepared mayonnaise is made with non-organic eggs and genetically modified organisms.  I did find an organic mayo from Spectrum, but I wasn't so impressed with their use of soya oil or with the price ($12-$13/jar!)  I always used to buy it until I realized how easy it was to make my own.

HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE

3 organic eggs
1 1/4 tsp organic dry mustard powder
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup organic lemon juice
1 cup organic vegetable oil
1/2 cup e.v olive oil
1/4 cup organic flax seed oil

Method:  (Please note I have only made this in my Vita-Mix blender so I am not sure how it will turn out in your own blender.....it should be fine though).
     Place the eggs, mustard, salt and lemon juice in the blender.  Turn machine on low and slowly build it up to high.  While machine is running, slowly pour in oil in a thin, steady stream until you use it all up and the mixture thickens.  Stop machine and stir in any oil sitting on top.  Refrigerate up to 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment