Saturday, May 1, 2010

SWEET POTATO FRIES

After a long day at the Farmer's Market, I was very happy to come home to a cleaned house and the makings of a fantastic supper sitting on the counter ready to be cooked at any moment by someone other than me.  Yesiree, that's my man.  Not only that but he had a fire started outside in the pit so he could grill the lamb over wood charcoals.  Yesiree, that's my man!  Since we've already posted about the joys of cooking over real coals, I'll just share with you the awesomeness of oven roasted fries with you.

OVEN ROASTED SWEET AND YUKON GOLD POTATO FRIES

1 organic sweet potato, sliced into fries
3 organic yukon gold potatoes, sliced into fries
3 Tbsp e.v olive oil
3 tsp Tom's Spice (available on my Etsy store)

Method:  Preheat oven to 400*.  Toss the fries in the oil and Tom's Spice.  Spread out onto 2 cookie sheets to prevent crowding and steaming.  Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they start to get golden brown on the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Those look sooo good. And I was trying to think of new things to use your Tom's Spice on!

    ReplyDelete