Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND FIDDLEHEAD PASTA

Even with all the wedding excitement and stay-over guests I managed to make a trip into the city on Saturday to buy my Farmer's Market goodies.  I am so glad I did too because this weekend all my spring favorites were there; nettle, asparagus, fiddleheads, and rhubarb.  I am planning on making a nettle soup for tonight's supper but last night we enjoyed the asparagus and fiddleheads roasted in a pasta.  Now I have already posted a few cream pasta recipes here http://prasada-eatingisdivine.blogspot.com/2010/02/barter-pasta.html and here http://prasada-eatingisdivine.blogspot.com/2009/12/creamy-mushroom-rotini.html so I won't bore you with the details of that.  But I will share with you the joys of roasting your asparagus and fiddleheads that you can then stir into your creamy pasta dish.  It tasted even better this afternoon when I reheated it and added some of the amazing leftover Getaway Farms Beef Bacon I picked up at the market too.  I think I like it even better than pork bacon.  But I will discuss the joys of that discovery next time I buy some more.

ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND FIDDLEHEADS

1 bunch organic asparagus
4 large handfuls wild fiddleheads
4 Tbsp e.v olive oil
1 Tbsp Tom's Spice

Method:  Preheat oven to 425*.  Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and lay them out onto a cookie sheet.  Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the oil and sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp of the spice.  Toss and then make sure they are each separated and laying flat.  Do the same with the fiddleheads on a separate pan.  Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.  Eat as is or toss in a pasta dish.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I whipped this up last night, after my husband brought home fiddleheads & asparagus. Brought the leftovers to work for lunch -- I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete