Thursday, August 25, 2011

IT MUST BE SUMMER.....another way with Chard

I had grand plans to make spanakotiropita with some of the chard that keeps growing in our garden.  It's so great that we have more than enough to eat now while it is fresh, and plenty to prepare and freeze for the winter.  I thought this recipe was the perfect opportunity to use of one of the many packages of phyllo in my freezer than need to disappear.   I don't know what happened though.  When I opened the pack I had defrosted it was all stuck together and pretty useless so I tossed it out and had to come up with a plan, quick.  I had already prepared the chard and feta filling and had a house full of people expecting dinner at some point.  Then it hit me, CALZONES!  Yes.....so I whipped up a batch of pizza dough, grated some mozzarella cheese, and dinner was on it's way.


Rather than repeat myself, feel free to check out the recipes for Spanakotiropita and Pizza Dough on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment