Friday, May 20, 2011

LIFE ON THE LAND

Spring is such an exciting time of year.  Each day brings new delightful discoveries on the land.  I am especially enjoying witnessing the asparagus  I planted last year find their way out again.  Although they are not ready to eat this year, already they are looking like the real thing!  I was also pleasantly surprised to locate fiddleheads unfurling all around our land, poking their heads out of the moss.  The garden is being planted, a little more each week, and I can't wait until the seeds we sowed start to sprout.  I love going out each day and checking in on all the gardens to see what's happening!  Life is good.
Some dandelion leaves I picked from our yard.  I made a lovely Dandelion Vinegar with some of the leaves.  The rest we ate in fresh salads or boiled and then drizzled with lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
Our new little chicks in the tanning room.
The new turkeys are catching some rays too.
Lovely fiddleheads abound.
Garlic is one of my favorite things to grow.
Scott's very organized garden markers.
Our new homemade cold frame.
The rhubarb appears to have survived the winter.
As did the strawberry plants.
My delicate currant bush.
Bergamot.
One of my favorite herbs for tea in the summer - Lemon Balm.
Tarragon.
Prolific oregano.
Healing comfrey.
Cute little parsley.
And my lavender came back!

Sweet blessings from the earth.  Happy Spring!


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it in August...... just in time for harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so lovely. What a beautiful garden. It looks like things are still growing despite the fog! It gives me hope when I see other "seaside gardeners" with success. Don't you love the term "fog retreating to the coast"!

    ReplyDelete