Thursday, June 24, 2010

HERBED NEW POTATOES

I had a delicious memory of these potatoes my mother used to make when I was a child.  I specifically remember eating them at the cottage in the summer, all buttery and oniony.  So I called her up to fill me in on the details of the dish.  She recommended garlic, and so I thought, what better way to incorporate the garlic scapes that I just harvested from our garlic plants than in this dish?  These potatoes are so amazing I ate 3 helpings.  Hmm maybe that's why I'm busting out of my pants right now!

HERBED NEW POTATOES with Garlic Scapes, Dill and Parsley

20 small organic new potatoes
1/4 cup organic salted butter
1/4 cup chopped organic dill
1/4 cup chopped organic parsley
1/4 cup minced organic garlic scapes
1 organic green onion, chopped finely
sea salt and pepper

Method:  Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.  Heat the butter in a small skillet until melted, remove from heat.  Stir in the scapes.  Drain the cooked potatoes and toss with the butter and toss in the other herbs, and season to taste with salt and pepper.  

1 comment: