Thursday, May 20, 2010

GREEN SMOOTHIE

Even though I try to make sure I serve my son vegetables often, he doesn't always eat them.  Rather than fret over this I've decided to transform them into something I know he will consume - juice.  If there is one thing that can lure this kid into doing most things he generally does not want to do, it is juice.  So here is a recipe for a smoothie that includes beets, carrots, and kale, along with some sweets like apple and banana.  Yum!  Here is a picture of my wee one drinking his smoothie in his stainless steel bottle and straw.  Don't mistake that look on his face for disgust, he genuinely enjoyed it and asked for more.

GREEN SMOOTHIE FOR MY SWEETY

2 organic apples
2 organic carrots
1/2 organic beet
3 small leaves of organic kale
1 organic banana
1/2 tsp organic spirulina powder

Method:  Juice the apples, carrots and beet.  Pour into a blender along with the banana and spirulina.  Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment