Saturday, March 27, 2010

RED WINGS

I don't think I've ever mentioned how I was a vegetarian for about 14 years.  When you go without something for so long, your memory tends to lean more towards a nostalgic romanticization of reality.  A lot of things I used to like, don't actually appeal to me anymore (like a lot of junk food I used to think was amazing).  When it comes to chicken wings, the memory definitely mirrors reality...they rock. They tasted even better (if that is possible) tonight dipped into the creamy blue cheese dip I made to accompany it.  My son really liked them too.
     Still testing out the new camera.  I really should read the flash manual and spend a few hours, in the house ALONE! and with no pressure to take the picture before the food gets cold.
As you can see the chicken wings are a wee bit charred due to the fact that I was so busy taking pics of the veggies and dip that they were forgotten about in the oven.

RED WINGS

2 pounds organic chicken wings
1/4 cup organic ketchup
2 Tbsp saracha thai chili sauce
sea salt and pepper to taste

Method:  Preheat oven to 400*.  Sprinkle the wings with the salt and pepper.  Place on a rimmed baking sheet or cast iron skillet and broil the wings for about 15-20 minutes, turning halfway.  When the wings start to brown, they are ready to be taken out of the oven.  Place the ketchup and hot sauce in a large stainless steel bowl.  Toss the wings into the sauce and stir until evenly coated.  Return to the oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the wings get crispy.

BLUE CHEESE DIP

1/2 cup organic blue cheese, crumbled
2/3 cup organic sour cream
1/3 cup organic yogurt
juice of one organic lemon
sea salt and pepper
1 tsp local honey

Method:  Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended.  Serve with carrot and celery sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment