Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hello Vitamix

I did it.  I finally ordered myself a Vita-Mix Blender.  I'm the type of person who will yearn for a high ticket item for about 3 years and then one day just realize I am never going to want to spend the money so just get it over with and do it.  So tonight I made Raw Maca Vanilla Ice Cream with Unraw Chocolate Chips in it.  So I guess I don't need to tell you that this recipe requires a high powered blender like a Vita Mix and an ice cream maker.

Maca Chocolate Chip Vanilla Ice Cream

1 1/2 cups organic cashews
1/3 cup agave 
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups organic almond milk
3 Tbsp maca powder
2 tsp lemon juice
pinch of salt
1/2 cup organic chocolate chips or cacao nibs

Method: Turn the blender on low and pour in chocolate chips.  Blend until nicely chopped. Remove.  Then blend all the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.  Pour into an ice cream maker.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting a Vitamix ever since I saw it recommended in Clean Eating magazine... one day!

    ReplyDelete