Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The lunch I forgot to photograph

Last night I made pot roast with some of the organic beef we have stashed in our freezer.  It was very good except I didn't cook the veggies long enough.  So for lunch today I decided to make an open face sandwich with some of the leftovers.  It is similar to the panini I posted the other day but very different tasting too.  Anyway, I was so into eating it that I forgot to take a picture of it.....

POT ROAST MELT

2 slices organic bread, toasted lightly
a few slice of organic beef pot roast leftovers
1 Tbsp organic dijon mustard
1/2 cup organic homemade (ok or store bought) sauerkraut
some grated organic cheddar (I had some swiss in there too)

Method:  Preheat your toaster oven to broil.  Slather each piece of bread with the mustard, sprinkle a little cheese, then sauerkraut it, beef it, and end with lots of cheese.  Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown a bit.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment