Monday, November 9, 2009

Deep Fryer Heaven


Seeing as I had all kinds of deep fryer oil leftover from last night's fried bananas, I decided to make some doughnuts!  Also a great way to use up that sour cream that was in our fridge before it went bad.  So these are very addictive when hot out of the fryer.  They remind me of going to the Markham Fair and buying those delicious mini doughnuts they make right in front of you.  I lost count of how many I ate.

CINNAMON DOUGHNUTS

1 cup organic sour cream
3 organic eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking soda
3-4 cups organic flour ( I mix both whole wheat and white)
1/2 organic sugar
2-3 tsp organic cinnamon
organic palm oil for deep frying

Method:  Heat the oil in a deep fryer at 375*.  Combine the sour cream, eggs, maple syrup in a bowl.  Add the salt, cream of tartar, baking soda and enough flour to make a soft dough.  Roll 3/4 of an inch thick on a floured board and cut with a biscuit cutter.  Fry until brown on both sides and then toss in a bowl of cinnamon and sugar.  You can also just omit the cinnamon sugar and drizzle with more maple syrup and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment