Wednesday, December 15, 2021

HOMEMADE LAUNDRY SOAP

     I've decided I'm going to make more of my everyday body care and household cleaning products. I love DIY and I like saving money! So it makes sense. Today I whipped up a batch of laundry soap made using only a few ingredients. The hardest thing to find was the washing soda - which I eventually found at Canadian Tire, but it is also readily available online too!

Laundry soap is not only pricey, it also contains toxic chemicals. You may think it doesn't really matter because you're only using it to wash your clothes, but the health hazardous ingredients in laundry detergents are harmful to your health and the environment! 

For starters, laundry detergents contains "fragrance" which are derived from petroleum and include things like carcinogenic benzene derivatives, aldehydes, toluene, and a bunch of other toxic chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects, allergic reactions, and central nervous system disorders. Good times.

There are other problematic ingredients in laundry detergents like chemical surfactants, stabilizers and brighteners. The list goes on but I'll save you the details. Basically, conventional laundry soap is BAD NEWS.

Using homemade laundry detergent helps you avoid all those health destructive laundry chemicals, and make your clothes last longer. Plus, your skin won't get irritated, and your nose, lungs, and entire body will thank you for avoiding synthetic scents!



No comments:

Post a Comment