Sunday, February 19, 2012

DIGGIN IT SUNDAY * 02/19/12

     From the looks of my internet addiction and book pile, I've decided I am an information junkie.  Some days it seems like just too much and I get overwhelmed, and then other days I thrive on all the new ideas coming my way.  So I guess you could say learning has become a built of a guilty pleasure which seems kind of weird to say.  
Anyway, at this moment I am really digging the huge pile of books I am reading, all at once.  Maybe that's the problem, perhaps tackling just one at a time would be more relaxing!
     This year has been so amazing, and so challenging on many levels.  The growth of our family has led to us growing so much as people, parents, siblings, partners and humans.  It was really nice to spend Valentine's Day focusing on the love we have for one another, despite the often craziness of it all. 
 Faegan and I spent the morning making "grain-free" brownies for Scott.  We omitted the chocolate chips and added vanilla extract.  I neither had the ingredients or time to make ice cream so we splurged and made a trip to the market to buy vanilla and chocolate coconut milk ice cream to use as fillings. 
 I was very excited to finally use the heart-shaped ice cream sandwich mold that has been lurking in my kitchen drawer for a couple of years.  I didn't bother telling Scott the brownies were grain-free, because he isn't really on board with the whole no grain thing, so why ruin his idea of a perfect dessert?  He didn't even notice!     
The Sewer's Tool Belt Scott gave me as a Valentine's gift got put to good use this morning as I began work on the Baby Shower gifts for my sister.  He is so great at picking out thoughtful gifts.  
This little gem was made by a local artisan from organic cotton canvas.  My favorite feature is the pin cushion because whenever I sew my pin magnet is never where I need it!  
     Speaking of sewing, I am pretty pleased with the Fabric Beach Ball I made for Jude's first birthday present.  I got to raid my new stash of organic fabric while also using some preloved material I had hanging around to make it.  
It is a wonderful paradox...it feels like we welcomed him into our arms just yesterday while at the same time feeling like it has been a long haul.
 Loving my little boo baa (baby boy) so much!  Loving being able to sew for him too!
     The multiple personality weather lately has been lovingly unpredictable.  One day I am hanging laundry out to dry in the sun, the next we have a winter wonderland.
Hanging the laundry gave me a chance to hang out with our baby goat Nola.  
She is super lonely these days because her momma is on a vacation with her boyfriend, and will hopefully come home pregnant.  Poor thing, she cries all day long.  Hang in there little one, momma will be home soon!

1 comment:

  1. That apron *is* very clever! My pin cushion always ends up halfway across the room somehow...

    ReplyDelete