Monday, June 13, 2011

SUNNY DAYS

The sun came out to play this weekend after a very long and very, very, very rainy spring season here on the Eastern Shore.  I had to forgive myself for not being very inspired to sit at the computer and work on editing my book.  I just wanted to be outside and have some fun in the sun.  And so I did.  

My son literally spent the entire weekend outside with this Dad.  At one point he went into the house to put on some "shorts" and came out wearing his underwear.

The smoke in the distance is Scott getting a nice bed of hot coals ready for grilling our Saturday evening meal.
Grilled asparagus and pork chops hot off the grill.

It was so hot I was inspired to brew up a batch of Classic Iced Tea.  Unfortunately I was too busy having fun to take a photo of it, but here is the recipe...


CLASSIC ICED TEA
Makes 1 quart


So easy to make, you'll never buy packaged again.


2 cups water
3 organic orange pekoe tea bags
local honey or organic sugar to taste (I used about 2 generous tablespoons)


Method:  Bring the water to a boil.  Remove from heat and immediately add the tea bags.  Steep for 5 minutes.  Remove tea bags, sweeten with honey or sugar to taste.  Pour the tea into a pitcher, adding 2 cups of cold water, or less if you want a stronger brew.  Allow tea to cool before refrigerating.  Serve over ice, garnished with a wedge of lemon.



The turkeys playing in the grass.

Late Sunday afternoon, the turkeys decided to fly up into the trees and peer out over the land from above.
Today was a cold, blustery, windy, and rainy day that was somehow so much easier to swallow after a weekend of solar battery recharging.

No comments:

Post a Comment