Monday, April 19, 2010

DANDELION SALAD and My New Tablecloth

    You know Spring is definitely here (although with all this snow who would have guessed) when you can buy a bag of wild dandelion leaves at the Farmer's Market.  I was so excited I bought two.  I thought for sure we would have eaten them by now, but when I got home I found some greens from last week that needed to be eaten first.  Anyway, so tonight we had them and they were bitter good.  You can only see half of them in the picture though because I wanted to show you the lovely linen tablecloth I found today.  Oh and that Pain au Levain I made yesterday, it makes great garlic cheese bread.


DANDELION SALAD with Lemon and Olive Oil

1 bag of Pasture Hill Farm wild dandelion greens
juice of half an organic lemon
4-6 Tbsp e.v olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste

Method:  Gently tear the cleaned leaves in a bowl and toss with lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.  Let sit for 10 minutes before eating.


GARLIC BREAD

4 thickish slices of Pain au Levain Sourdough Bread
4 Tbsp organic salted butter
4 cloves organic garlic, smashed and minced
a pinch of Tom's Spice (available from my Etsy shop)
1 Tbsp e.v olive oil
1/2 cup organic cheese

Method:  Combine all ingredients except cheese in a bowl.  Spread on bread, top with cheese and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment