Monday, February 1, 2010

Carrot Banana Smoothie with Fresh Ginger and Spirulina


This carrot juice smoothie was a great way to start the day.  I love juicing because it is an easy, delicious way to get more veggies in me and my toddler!  Lately I've been making my own yogurt because I am trying to avoid buying food in plastic containers that are not recyclable plastics #1 and #2's.  It is so easy, especially with the handy yogurt machine my sister picked up for me at Value Village for $1.99.

CARROT BANANA SMOOTHIE with Fresh Ginger and Spirulina

1 organic banana
1/2 cup fresh organic carrot juice
1/2 cup organic yogurt
3/4" organic fresh ginger root
1 tsp organic spirulina

Method:  Juice the carrots and ginger together and blend with the banana, yogurt and spirulina.

No comments:

Post a Comment