Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fresh Juice Smoothie


When it comes to my juicer, I have to admit to being fairly predictable in what beverages I create.  My goal is to be a little more adventurous.  But this morning I stuck to the tried and true.  My all time favorite concoction is this smoothie.  If you don't have a juicer you can always substitute fresh apple cider from the Farmer's Market for the fresh apple juice.

BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE

1/2 cup unsprayed or organic local blueberries (mine are frozen except in the summer and fall)
1 organic banana, cut into pieces
fresh juice from 2-3 organic apples
1 -2 tsp organic spirulina powder (optional)
1 tsp bee pollen granules (optional)
1/2-1 Tbsp organic flax seed powder (optional)

Method:  Combine all ingredients in a blender or measuring cup if you use a stick blender and mix together until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment